Sunday, January 16, 2011

Can you stand more silliness?

I have gotten way, way behind on the silly drawings. This week has been difficult. Baby Marco has been sick this week and could not go to daycare until Friday, so I have been taking care of a sick baby. On Thursday I took him with me to my STASH meeting. He was feeling much better and charmed them all. Even sick he is such a sweet baby. Yesterday was spent doing the Columbia Fiberarts Guild newsletter. Finally, today, I indulged in a little silliness. I am still way behind, but at this point I think I will just do the lessons that look the most interesting. After all, this class will not go on my permanent record!

This lesson said to photograph something smaller than a car 20 times from different angles in five minutes. Choose your favorite five. What was I watching all week? Why Baby Marco of course.
This one was really fun. This is one of those split books, where you can mix and match the top and bottom halves of a variety of pictures. I loved these things when I was a kid. Now I got to make my own little book. The drawings didn't have to be faces. Some people made entire figures, some made animals, some used a variety of images. I especially liked faces in my childhood books, so that's what I went for. The original faces are the four across the top and below are the possible combinations.



You can click on both of these to see them at a larger size.

4 comments:

  1. That second idea is a great little exercise. You really achieved quite a variety of looks with just the four models. Each face looks like it has its own story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I want to try the photo assignment. What a cool idea. I am intimidated to draw but could be great fun to do this. Just might have to try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved those split books too! My favorites made combination animals like a eleducator. Have you shared yours with Sophia? I bet she'd get a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun, I admire you for taking the class.

    ReplyDelete