Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Doing a little stitching

I am finishing up my 12 x 12 chartreuse quilt. I thought I was finished last night, but as I lay in bed trying to calm my hyperactive brain, the thought popped into my head that it needed more quilting. In fact, it needed some wild, crazy obsessive quilting. Good thing it is only 12 x 12. Here's a little peek at a section before added quilting:


And the same section after.


I have had a whole lot of fun with this.You will remember my chartreuse tryout a couple of weeks ago, part of which landed at the top of my newly renovated blog design. It is a new look for me, but something I have been fiddling with in somewhat different ways for awhile. It really comes down to the idea of drawing/doodling with thread as part of the design. I have another idea for using this approach for a larger piece that I think might work for another show. I know, I said I wasn't going to make quilts to order for particular shows anymore. I'm still thinking about it, but it seems like something I really want to do. Of course the deadline is looming.

7 comments:

  1. I like the direction you are headed in with this, and look forward to the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference the quilting makes to the design. Can't wait to see the finished project. In the meantime your birds have inspired me to make a quilt using your bird profile to applique on some squares. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanting to enter a show and feeling like you have to enter are two different things. I liked your random squiggle drawings of a few years ago and I think mixing the applique with squiggle will be very interesting. I like the new look of your header and blog. I know it was lots of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Viva la Deadline!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can hardly wait to see the entire piece. I love the added quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this looks very promising and I love the chartreuse against that deep blue. I can't wait to see the result. Your background quilting not only looks great but looks like it was fun to do, too.

    ReplyDelete