Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's Twelve by Twelve Reveal Day

The moon is made of green cheese

There is no deep meaning in this, no message. It is just a happy, playful contemplation of color, shapes and fanciful stitching pattern. It was great fun to make and has inspired me to make a larger piece with some similar elements. I remember hearing, as a child, "the moon is made of green cheese." When I finished this I could see a moon in the circular focal point of the piece. I hadn't noticed the serendipitous crescent shape in the piece of beautiful marbled fabric until I was finished, but there it was—almost certainly the moon shining through.

The chartreuse quilts for this challenge are certainly all different and a very interesting lot. Go and see all of them! http://twelveby12.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Wow, the quilts are all beautiful. I really like yours with all the shapes and colors. It would be hard for me to step outside the box and make a quilt like that. Maybe someday I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! What you can do with squares and circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:37 AM

    I see the moon, the moon sees me....... I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this quilt. It reminds me of Paul Klee who is one of my favorite artist. Your work is really unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great piece and I really like your previous Forest piece as well. It's interesting about the chartreuse. I really don't care for it much as a color but it adds so much zing to other colors.
    best from Tunisia,
    nadia

    ReplyDelete