Sunday, October 09, 2011

The back roads

It has been a nice, relaxing weekend, though this was the weekend of the Westside Quilters Guild Quilt Show. They asked me to be one of the featured artists and give a presentation on Saturday afternoon. They wanted a small exhibit of some of my work as well, so I drove over to Hillsboro, Oregon where the show was held late Friday afternoon to deliver and help hang my quilts.

Hillsboro is about 30 minutes from where I live. The direct route is the infamous TV Highway, but I like the back road that is slower, actually more direct from my house, and infinitely more scenic. It winds through farm country for most of the way and in the spring it is impossibly green. This time of year the colors are starting to change and the rolling hills and fields take on a soft, misty quality. Friday there was a gentle rain coming down.


When I went back on Saturday for my talk, the sun had come out and it was a perfect Autumn day.
My talk and slide show went well and I enjoyed the quilt show a lot. Unfortunately, after taking several scenic shots of my trip over to Hillsboro, the camera batteries were dead when I arrived and I got no photos of the show or my little display of quilts. 


I drove back to Hillsboro this afternoon to take down the quilts and bring them back home. Three trips to Hillsboro in as many days. Glad I had that back roads route. It was beautiful. This charming old tractor beats Scary Rabbit as a roadside attraction any day, in my book.

3 comments:

  1. These are wonderful photos. I agee the back roads are infinitely better than the TV Highway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tractor.
    Glad you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete