Sunday, February 12, 2012

Metamorphosis

The "Twelves" are back! Today is reveal day for the first theme, "Metamorphosis" in our new series. For this series we've made a few changes. First, the size. In honor of the year, the new pieces will all be 20" x12". This series will last only one year and there will be 5 pieces from each of us. This gives us a little more time to work on each piece, especially helpful since we are making bigger pieces. Also, we all felt we want to devote more time to our own work, as well as what we are doing for the project.

I loved this theme, proposed by Gerrie. As always the Twelves have interpreted it in quite different and wonderful ways! From the moment it was announced I knew that the metamorphosis I wanted to discuss, was how raw material becomes art. It is truly magical in my opinion. So I took a reference from the Franz Kafka book, Metamorphosis" and transformed my fabric into a "monstrous, verminous insect."

See all the Metamorphosis work here.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Terry! It's fabulous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your use of color..and stitch...is very interesting to me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so, so cool! I love your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:06 AM

    I'm amazed how you achieved the 'shadow' on the top of the big bad bug. The black stitching/quilting sets it off perfectly. Beautifully done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice-love the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual I LOVE your work! I'm heading over to see all the other terrific pieces too.

    ReplyDelete